ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM

2010-02-03 00:37:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 23:36:42 -0600
Remember, TSM (a.k.a. WDSF, ADSM) was originally _invented_ as a
virtualized application, under the system now known as z/VM, and was
supporetd there until V3.7. It should still have the fundamental design
to deal with running in a virtual machine. It does need resources such
as tapes to be dedicated to it, and it may take some work to get those
resources connected right. But a virtual machine should actually be
considered TSM's historic native environment.

"We all live in a virtual machine, a virtual machine, a virtual machine"
--from the SHARE songbook,
  sung to the tune of the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine"