ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM

2010-02-02 12:15:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:13:05 -0500
Yes, you can restore a TSM data base to a new TSM server.

However, think twice before virtualizing - Tivoli doesn't support the TSM
server on a VM if you have tape drivers (i.e., physical tape or VTL).  See
below.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=server+support+vmware&uid=swg21239546&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en