ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 4 spindles for db: best performing setup

2009-02-19 18:18:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 4 spindles for db: best performing setup
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:18:15 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
km
>TSM mirroring doesnt help performance when doing expiration or reclamation
>anyway which is what you want to optimize the DB for.

TSM mirroring, however, DOES give one concrete benefit that OS or hardware
mirroring can't. Mirroring TSM db and log volumes prevents corruption from
being replicated to the mirrored volumes.

For me and most of my customers, that (and a maximum number of spindles) is
enough.

(Yes, Allen, the debate rages on.)

--
Mark Stapleton