ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for SQL don't truncate the logs

2009-02-19 08:16:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL don't truncate the logs
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:15:36 +0100
Hi *SMers,
I had a lot of fun with you all at Pulse09 in Vegas. I hope I will see you all
again at Pulse 2010 in Vegas the 24th of Feb. :)

Anyway, I have a fun "problem" with a SQL 2005 Server on Windows 2003 running
with TDP 5.5.1 x86 and TSM Server 5.4 on AIX version x.x
But since a wild back the FULL backup that we do on SQL will not truncate the
logs anymore, but if we do a LOG backup then will it truncate the logs without
any issue.
What I do see in the GUI is that the Truncate Checkbox i gray out in the GUI
and when we choose LOG backup it is visible again but we can not backup all
LOGs of some reason and TDP tell us that does logs are truncated by SQL it
self's.

The backups works fine and we can do restore of the databases but not truncate
the logs without running a LOG backup after the full.

I just wonder if anyone have any idea why this is happening and if the customer
I working with has enable anything in SQL that don't let TSM to truncate the
logs as normal?

Del, do you have any idea? You are IBM's SQL/Exchange expert.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson