ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement

2009-02-13 12:24:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:23:27 -0800
> Is there any requirement that the 'source' database be fully audited
> before
> the upgrade?  Does the upgrade db catch any 'hidden' problems in the
pre
> V6
> database, or does it just crash and burn?

I have seen issues with my db upgrade but discovered they were there
before the upgrade. I restored my old db and ran commands to fix the
problems and at this time am trying to go through the upgrade again, but
I suspect I will not see these issues now.

I'm not one to speak for IBM but I would "hope" based on what others
have seen that there would be a procedure to minimize any db issues
before running the upgrade especially if the upgrade will not find them.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b