ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement

2009-02-13 15:14:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:09:59 -0500
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:25:23 -0600, "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC
>> DOT COM> said:

> Couple folks just came back from pulse and one of the Labs was the TSM
> Upgrade, apparently some Beta testers are seeing a 40GB upgrade DB
> taking 28Hrs on avg hdw....

Mmm. I don't know if I'm supposed to still be embargoed, but I guess
that if they're talking about it at conferences I can too..

Data point: my 40G DB;

Extract database:  0:41
Insert database:   7:20

This was part of an exercise where they were having me test with a
slightly optimized version too, and that insert time was 5:06.

This is on two-year-old p520s.

- Allen S. Rout