ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Is there a v5.4 64 bit AIX client still?

2007-09-18 05:43:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Is there a v5.4 64 bit AIX client still?
From: Henrik Ahlgren <pablo AT ELMA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:24:56 +0300
On Feb 8, 2007, at 5:39 PM, Richard Sims wrote:

On Feb 8, 2007, at 10:29 AM, John C Dury wrote:

I've upgraded our AIX TSM server to v5.4 but can't find the v5.4 64
bit AIX
clients. I looked on the ftp site and also on passport advantage and
neither seems to have them. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

John - See "Installing the AIX client" in the Unix client manual.
       It's a "fat binary".

Hi all TSM experts.

Does anyone know how to run this "fat binary" in 64-bit mode?

I'm getting "ANS1030E The operating system refused a TSM request for memory allocation" and q systeminfo says that the max data segment size is 2147483645.

Ulimits are naturally set to unlimited and I've got plenty of physical RAM and paging, so I'm pretty sure the 5.4 client is running in 32-bit mode and maxing out to the 2 gigabyte limit.

I'm trying to back up a filespace with approx 10 million files without using memoryefficientbackup.

Terveisin

Henrik Ahlgren
System Administrator
Itella Information Oy