ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Is there a v5.4 64 bit AIX client still?

2007-09-18 10:04:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Is there a v5.4 64 bit AIX client still?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:02:18 -0400
Hi, Henrik -

One would think that the 64-bit client would operate with no "tricks"
needed to make it do what you expect, but no...  See Technote 1259376.

With your /etc/security/limits values set unlimited (-1), in Cshell
you might try the following:

  dsmc q systeminfo -con osinfo    (see values before)
  unlimit
  dsmc q systeminfo -con osinfo    (no change in data segment size?)
  setenv LDR_CNTRL MAXDATA=0
  dsmc q systeminfo -con osinfo    (data segment size now infinite)

So, you may have to play this game in your backups invocation.  Sigh.

      Richard Sims, at Boston University