ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 6 vs 8 character LTO2 volser - do I care ?

2007-07-26 13:39:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] 6 vs 8 character LTO2 volser - do I care ?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:15:53 -0400
In reference to my previous posting, I am moving my 3583 LTO libraries
from AIX ownership to Linux ownership (as well as the newest 5.4.1 server
level).

I just checked in some scratch tapes to the Linux system and the tapes
came up as 8-characters (090000L2 vs 090000).

Do I care ?  Is this going to cause any conflicts or other problems ?  Is
this going to require relabeling ? Can I set it back to 6-characters ?   I
read that LTO3 requires 8-chars but these are LTO2 only. No plans to buy
any more drives and we certainly wouldn't mix them if we did !

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Technology Services
University Computing Center