ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 6 vs 8 character LTO2 volser - do I care ?

2007-07-27 07:56:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 6 vs 8 character LTO2 volser - do I care ?
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:53:46 +0200
You can adjust the volser reporting on the Library, which is the safer way to
control volser reporting.

On the main menu => more =>  Setup => Library => MEDIA

The you choose the volser reporting 8 char or 6 char.

After that, you will never bother with volser mode, and you don't have to
manage it through special files of your OS

Then you will have to re label all that tapes originally labeled with 8 char
labels.

I hope some are not already used...

Pierre Cayé