ADSM-L

JBB Question(s)

2006-12-12 08:41:19
Subject: JBB Question(s)
From: Otto Chvosta <otto.chvosta AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:40:28 +0100
Hi all,

We'll try to backup a filespace of a fileserver (Windows Storage Server 2003
R2, Memory=2GB, Filespacedata: 650GB, 6.759.000 Files, complex directory
structure, TSM Client Level 5.3.4 - TSM Server Level 5.3.4.0) using journal
based backup. We set up the journal service and made a full incremental
backup (processing time ~ 50 hours) for this filespace. After that dbviewb
reports that the journal state is 'not valid'. So we tried a further
inremental backup (scheduled) to get a valid state of the journal database.
This incremental was stopped with

ANS1999E Incremental processing of '\\fileserver\q$' stopped.
ANS1030E The operating system refused a TSM request for memory allocation.

We tried it again and again ... same result :-(((

our modifications in tsmjbbd.ini before restarting the journal service:

.
.
.
NotifyBufferSize=0x00400000
DirNotifyBufferSize=0x00200000
JournaledFileSystems=Q:
;

.
.
.
[JournaledFileSystemSettings.Q:\]
;
JournalDBSize=0x00000000
;
NotifyBufferSize=0x01400000
;
DirNotifyBufferSize=0x00A00000
;
PreserveDBOnExit=1
;
DeferFsMonStart=1
;
DeferRetryInterval=30
;
logFsErrors=0

Any suggestions how we can get a valid journal state ?
... and what we can do to prevent the ANS1030E ?

Thank you in advance

Otto

Medical University of Vienna

P.S: Does anyone of you know where I can download the actual dbviewb.exe ?