ADSM-L

TSM Server Migration

2006-12-11 19:12:43
Subject: TSM Server Migration
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:11:52 -0800
Hi all,

I am wondering if there are any issues folks can inform me as it relates
to a migration of TSM to a new server. The one main question I have is
this. If I attach the 3584 and LTO2 drives to a new server, install TSM
at the same level currently and define the library and one drive, will
TSM will automatically mount the tape I ask to be restored or do I need
to manually insert the tape?

Any other recommendations or issues I should be aware of?

Migrating from TSM 5.3.3.0 on AIX 5.3 to a new AIX server running the
latest 5.3 code and the same level of TSM, 5.3.3.0.

Thank you for any thoughts,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator