ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Question(s)

2006-12-13 13:48:22
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Question(s)
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:45:50 -0800
Where can I find the tool dbviewb for JBB 5.3?  I'd like to check our
journal states with it.

Otto Chvosta <otto.chvosta AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
12/13/2006 07:13 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Question(s)

Hi again,

First, thanks for all of your advices in this case.

In my department the prefered server operating system is AIX but
unfortunately I've no influence on the choice of OS at our client servers
:-(

I also heard about the new disk chaching mechnism announced for TSM 5.4
and
hope that is a possible solution for this problem ...

But first I'd to find a solution in 5.3 ...

We did a successful incremental with 'MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES' last
night
(processingtime ~ 18 hours) . MemEFF seems to be the right way against
ANS1030E, but dbviewb still reports an invalid journal state. So my
primary
problem is to get the journal state valid.