ADSM-L

Re: Returning Volumes from Overflow

2006-10-30 14:10:24
Subject: Re: Returning Volumes from Overflow
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:55:56 -0500
On Oct 30, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Dan Cyr wrote:

I have been experimenting with using the Overflow location; I have
been
able to remove the media successfully.  I seem to be having problems
returning the media back into the library.  We are running TSM
5.3.0 on
a Win2K3 platform using an IBM4560 SLX.  I was able to bring the media
back to the library, however it is listed as private and I cannot
change
to scratch.  I get the following message when trying to update the
volume "ANR8443E UPDATE LIBVOLUME: Volume LAM004 in library IBM4560
cannot be assigned a status of SCRATCH." ...

Look into the status of the volume.  If it contains data, it
obviously can't be switched to Scratch without first relocating the
data.  A volume containing data necessarily has to be checked in as
Private.

  Richard Sims