ADSM-L

Re: process "dsmserv" terminating

2006-10-23 16:30:16
Subject: Re: process "dsmserv" terminating
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:26:51 -0700
Avy Wong wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I experienced issues with the TSM server process "dsmserv"
> terminating, this made me realize that I need to become more aware of what
> is happening on the TSM server side.  This is where my experience is light.
> One thing that made me concerned is when I restarted the dsmserv process
> and the message "The TSM database is over 90% full" appeared.
>
> My question is .....
> 1) When a situation like this happens where would be the first place to
> look for errors.
> 2) Is there a way to be proactive about this instead of waiting till the
> system teminates then send me a message that "The TSM database is over 90%
> full".

You could setup a space trigger that would automatically extend the
server database if it gets too full. Keep in mind that a single server
cannot have a database that is over 512GB in size. You can also do this
with your recovery log, but that can only be 13GB in size.

-- K324, (206)-685-7354
-- University of Washington Medical Center