ADSM-L

process "dsmserv" terminating

2006-10-23 15:27:38
Subject: process "dsmserv" terminating
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:27:08 -0400
Hello,

      I experienced issues with the TSM server process "dsmserv"
terminating, this made me realize that I need to become more aware of what
is happening on the TSM server side.  This is where my experience is light.
One thing that made me concerned is when I restarted the dsmserv process
and the message "The TSM database is over 90% full" appeared.

My question is .....
1) When a situation like this happens where would be the first place to
look for errors.
2) Is there a way to be proactive about this instead of waiting till the
system teminates then send me a message that "The TSM database is over 90%
full".

Thank you for your help.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this
in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your
computer.