ADSM-L

Re: TDP Oracle

2006-10-20 15:36:34
Subject: Re: TDP Oracle
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:22:01 -0400
For that part the manual was clear. Better to just create a separte
domain (policy/management class) and set the default mangement class to
veredelte=o reteonly=0

Yes, the manual suggest a separate node name and when you define that
node name you would set it to the separate domain.

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 10/20/06 3:10 PM >>>
Looks like folks here are finally looking into using this function
here and I want to know how things should be set on the TSM server
side
so I have a couple of questions.

1.      Can we use a domain we have in place already and if so are
there
any settings we need to look at?
2.      I believe expiring of objects is done from the RMAN side. If
this is correct how do I know they are keeping, or maybe better
described as deleting, what they should?
3.      If this ignores the retention values set in the management
class
settings, and I believe it still does, do I need a specific management
class for them?
4.      I am assuming we should use a specific node name for these
backups and not let them use the node name that is now backing up to
the
server. Still correct right?
5.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b
(858)826-4062
Email: geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.