ADSM-L

Re: TDP Oracle

2006-10-20 15:40:34
Subject: Re: TDP Oracle
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:28:43 -0400
>> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:10:17 -0700, "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT
>> SAIC DOT COM> said:

> 2.    I believe expiring of objects is done from the RMAN side. If
> this is correct how do I know they are keeping, or maybe better
> described as deleting, what they should?

Don't worry about that.  They don't.

as in, they don't delete what they're supposed to, they keep all sorts
of crud they know they aren't supposed to. We've got an issue open
with them since forever ago.

We've taken to periodically switching node names, and then blowing
away the old one.   Eugh.

> 4.    I am assuming we should use a specific node name for these
> backups and not let them use the node name that is now backing up to the
> server. Still correct right?

I think that's the best plan.

- Allen S. Rout