ADSM-L

TDP Oracle

2006-10-20 15:12:21
Subject: TDP Oracle
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:10:17 -0700
Looks like folks here are finally looking into using this function
here and I want to know how things should be set on the TSM server side
so I have a couple of questions.

1.      Can we use a domain we have in place already and if so are there
any settings we need to look at?
2.      I believe expiring of objects is done from the RMAN side. If
this is correct how do I know they are keeping, or maybe better
described as deleting, what they should?
3.      If this ignores the retention values set in the management class
settings, and I believe it still does, do I need a specific management
class for them?
4.      I am assuming we should use a specific node name for these
backups and not let them use the node name that is now backing up to the
server. Still correct right?
5.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill