ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL Large DB Restoration

2006-10-04 17:42:43
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL Large DB Restoration
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:41:01 -0400
We are also experiencing this same issue with the TDP SQL client.  We
just restored a 41 GB database in about an hour and a half.  We
previously had cancelled the restore several times because the session
was in a SendW, and we thought it was hung.  Then it failed because it
timed out after an hour.  I finally tried maxing out the commtimeout,
and we just let it go.  The session remained in a SendW the entire time.
Yet when it completed, all of the data had been transferred.  Is it
normal for the session to remain in a SendW even while data is being
transferred?