ADSM-L

TDP for SQL Large DB Restoration

2006-10-04 00:13:08
Subject: TDP for SQL Large DB Restoration
From: Pranav Parikh <pparikh AT ONTRACKIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:30:10 +0530
Hi,

We are facing peculiar problem and request help to resolve it on war-foot
basis.

We had a SQL DB running as a back-end to SAP in Win2k cluster. We are able
to successfully backup of our on-line SQL DB of 180GB approx. using TDP
For SQL 5.3 on the autoloader connected to TSM server on LAN everyday.
However, restoring same  fails with an error:

ANR0481W Session 609 for node DBGRP (TDP MSSQL) terminated - client did
not respond within 800 seconds.

Restore process continue to format db for a long hours and then restore
ends prematurely dismount the volume mounted in the drive.  We have
already increased committimeout option from various values to as large as
28800. Even at such high value, restore operation ends after 6 to 8 hrs of
long wait.

We are not sure what value we should use as a committimeout to restore
approx. 180GB DB.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Pranav