ADSM-L

Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant

2006-09-01 13:18:03
Subject: Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:16:54 -0400
Allen,
Thanks for the kind words, but it's not me, it's the Fibre.

One of my sites is buying a VTL to replace the primary pool.
But putting the VTL OFFSITE, and keeping the 3584 for the Copypool
onsite.

We're even using a hand-me-down Windows server as a backup domain
controller in the offsite center.
It won't have any work to do on a normal day, but will stay current
because they replicate regularly, and it will take over if the primary
blows up.
If disaster strikes, we don't lose the Windows domain, and we have an
(almost) unlimited number of drives for recovery.

With Fibre, many new configs are possible.  Just depends on what kind of
distances you require, your access to fibre,  whether you load will
tolerate FCIP speeds, your budget, etc.

And it would get even easier if we could only get an upgrade in the
speed of light sometime soon.......

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)