ADSM-L

Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant

2006-09-01 11:00:26
Subject: Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant
From: Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:59:22 -0500
On 9/1/06, Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM <Eric-van.Loon AT klm DOT com> wrote:
Hi Allen!
Thank you very much for your reaction!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, you cannot backup to a
copypool. Am I wrong here?
I cannot wait for the restore storagepool to finish... This will take
days and I will have to be able to make client backups immediately.
If I was able to convert a copypool into a primary pool, I would be able
to backup clients right away. Ok, I would loose my copypool, but in case
of a disaster I can live with that for several days. In the meantime I
can have my vendor bring in (rental) stuff to rebuild the copypool.

You can back up to new scratch volumes in the primary storage pool
before you have fully restored the (destroyed) old volumes in it.  All
you need is to have available scratch tapes.

Kelly