ADSM-L

Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant

2006-09-01 12:48:56
Subject: Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:48:15 -0400
>> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:31:30 +0200, "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon
>> AT KLM DOT COM> said:

> Hi Allen!
> Thank you very much for your reaction!
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, you cannot backup to a
> copypool. Am I wrong here?

No, you can't back up to a copy pool.  But you don't care.

You've got your series of primary stgpools, which are populated with
volumes that are "unavailable".

You've got your copy stgpools, which hold "all" of the old data.

After your first night on the new infrastructure, you've got an
incremental of everything scattered across your new primary stgpools,
and copies of everything else which you are gradually restoring to the
primaries.

> I cannot wait for the restore storagepool to finish... This will take
> days and I will have to be able to make client backups immediately.

Correct, and you don't have to wait.

> If I was able to convert a copypool into a primary pool, I would be able
> to backup clients right away.

You don't need to convert.  You can back up clients right away.

- Allen S. Rout