ADSM-L

Re: TSM diskpool on SATA

2006-06-21 11:29:17
Subject: Re: TSM diskpool on SATA
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:28:42 -0400
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:06:17 -0500, Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK
>> DOT COM> said:

> I would *never* use a SATA pool for a primary TSM storage pool.

Allen the Pedant simply has to chime in on this.

I'm actually contemplating a SATA pool for a large chunk of "primary"
storage right now.  However, this primary data is online/nearline
storage for a Content Manager installation.  It is used as a
document-management system to make some of our offices less paperful;
the access patterns for this make a very good fit.

Another primary stgpool we're considering sticking on SATA is the
Space Managed data.  It's a great way to consolidate large,
seldom-used filespaces, and again the access patterns fit very
nicely.

Now, I don't think I'm actually disagreeing with Mark in these cases,
but my antennae quiver whenever we approach a philosophical asymptote.

- Allen S. Rout
- I could *never* keep my mouth shut. ;)