ADSM-L

Throttling back TSM client

2006-04-25 14:18:48
Subject: Throttling back TSM client
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:13:58 -0400
We have a small number of users here who are complaining that when a
TSM backup runs on their client system, it monopolizes use of their
network card.  They are looking for a way to throttle back TSM's use
of the network.  Has anyone else run into this?  Any ideas?  The only
thing I've come up with is to configure a secondary NIC at 10MB/s and
point these users at that card.  This seems crude to me, so other
ideas would be welcome.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Systems                  Fx: 607-255-8521