ADSM-L

Re: Throttling back TSM client

2006-04-25 16:47:36
Subject: Re: Throttling back TSM client
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:40:27 -0400
Thanks Richard, et al,

I thought the default RESOURCEUTIL was also the minimal value, so I
don't think we could lower that any more than it already is.  Using
MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP is a good idea, as is using 'nice' to deprioritize.

We have actually been working hard to improve TSM performance so that
we can restore data more quickly.  Seems that every action has some
re-action.  Reducing the TSM Server as a bottleneck serves to move
the bottleneck to the client, where it can interfere with other applications.

..Paul