ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client

2006-02-27 22:00:46
Subject: Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client
From: Sergio Fuentes <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:59:56 -0500
We've had lots of problems with Netware TSM clients in general at all
different sorts of levels for both TSM and Netware.

But I just wanted to suggest that one possible solution, which has
solved a lot of our problems with TSM clients abending and hanging (and
otherwise acting crappy) has been this one:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC45554

Basically, it says the actual syntax is:

and not this:

Where pass is optional if you have nwpwfile specified.

The APAR says that 5.3.0 clients are affected, but I know that 5.2.x
clients are affected as well, on both Netware 5 and 6.

Sergio
University of Maryland