ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client

2006-02-27 08:22:12
Subject: Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:21:22 -0400
Richard Sims wrote:
I'm Netware-ignorant, but this sounds like an install problem: see if
you can review what transpired in the install, and check the Readme
file for any gotchas.

Not an install problem since dsmcad loads fine from command prompt, just
not autoexec.ncf

To employ a Unix analogy, it might work as a circumvention if it
could be started by doing a 'cd' to the client directory first, then
launch, which may allow it to find its resources...if that kind of
thing works in a Netware environment.

I believe the problem is that when dsmcad looks for the default dsm.opt
file it is looking in the wrong place (
\SYS:TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/BA/dsm.opt instead of
<SERVERNAME>\SYS:TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/BA/dsm.opt )

The 5.2.x client does not have this problem, just the 5.3.x client. I
will open up a bug report with IBM since I can duplicate this at will.
Just installed a basic Netware 6.5 server and applied sp5. This bug
shows up right away which is why I am very surprised that nobody else
has run across it.

   Richard Sims