ADSM-L

Re: ANS4025E file exceeds user or system file limit

2006-01-26 16:15:32
Subject: Re: ANS4025E file exceeds user or system file limit
From: "Wu, Jie*" <jie.wu AT FDA.HHS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:15:15 -0600
The v5.3 message guide indicates that AIX has a file size limit of 64GB(it
is really a surprise to me, cause most other platform supports much larger
file size).

I have upgraded my TSM client to 5.2.4 and I am backing up the file right
now. To add the confusion, the dump file is 78,084,456,448bytes, which is
over 64GB. But the client is backing up the file. Did IBM make a mistake on
their manual?

Jie