ADSM-L

Update the AIX 3494 atldd.driver

2005-09-13 07:09:06
Subject: Update the AIX 3494 atldd.driver
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:53:37 +0200
Hello there!

I want to upgrade the 3494 Tape Library driver (atldd.driver). Today we have
the Version 5.3.0.0. I downloaded the latest version (atldd.6.2.4.0.bin)
from the IBM ftp site with a readme file. Have anyone experience with the
update procedure? Have I to uninstall the previous driver deamon? What
happend with the AIX drive definitions? I don't find such information in the
readme file. There is only this installing information : "Issue the command:
installp -acXd /temp/atldd.x.x.x.bin atldd.driver"

Any help is appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Boris Herrmann
ARAG-IT GmbH