ADSM-L

DB2/TSM

2005-09-08 08:31:11
Subject: DB2/TSM
From: will aire <waire AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:30:54 +0000
Hello,

We have recently upgraded our DB2 database from fixpak 6 to fixpak 9, and
now we are unable to run DB2 backups. The backup command is " db2 backup db
reg11db online use tsm", The error message is
"SQL2062N: An error occurred while accessing the media.
"/rmdata/REGION11/db2home/sqllib/adsm/libtsm.a" Reason code: "-53". ".
Also the db2 utility "db2adutl" would not run. We have restarted the
database and i have restarted tsm client but to no avail. I noticed that
fixpak9 had put some entries in /db2home/sqllib/db2profile. These entries
are set for DSMI variable and they overwrite the original entries set for
DSMI variables in the db2 instance owner's .profile i.e /db2home/.profile.
db2profile is called from /db2home/.profile. The db2home/.profile was
altered by adding DSMI variables as the last entry in this profile. The
variables were set i.e path to tsm_config, dsm.opt, and tsm_logs, but
database backups are still failing

Any ideas please

Wil