ADSM-L

backup stgpool

2005-09-08 00:41:55
Subject: backup stgpool
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:41:21 +0500
Dear All,
I am running TSM 5.2.3 on Windows 2003 with 3582 Library with 2 drives.
Ultrium2 tapes with 200GB space.

Daily incremental backup of about 5GB.

I have setup a copypool to which i backup my primary pool daily. The plan file
(after running prepare) has ever increasing tapes required for primary stgpool
restore.

My question:
Can i take full backup of stgpool daily and not the incremental on daily basis.
The command refernce says it won't copy any file to copypool until the file is
damaged or not available in copypool...that is sort of incremental.

Purpose is to send one set of DR tapes to offsite weekly on friday. I want this
set to be 100% capable of restoring my environment while at the same time,
having 3 sets of DR at main site so that I can revert to a maximum of 4 days.

DBbackup and plan file expiration is 4 days, and volume reuse delay in all
stgpools is 0. I want to reuse the tapes immediately.

Can anyone enlighten me on this.

Regards,
Sandra

 Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
 http://www.super.net.pk/mail