ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: ANR0496E

2005-09-06 04:16:25
Subject: Antwort: Re: ANR0496E
From: Karin Dambacher <karin.dambacher AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:16:06 +0200
Hi Andy

this is what I have checked already. Archive Copy Group is Event, and CM
has MODE=RETENTION. If I send an Archive with the API Sample Client over
TSM for DR, everything is ok, but I am not sure, whether this message says
definitive, that the CM-client sends a backup-operation or is it another
error?

Has anyone out there tested the new ContentManager Archive Function
(MODE=RETENTION) with TSM for DR?

Thanks and regards, Karin
EMPRISE Network Consulting GmbH
Albstraße 14
D - 70597 Stuttgart

t_ +49 (0) 711 - 99 00 83 - 0
f_ +49 (0) 711 - 99 00 83 - 9
m_ +49 (0) 172 - 4033256
mailto:karin.dambacher AT emprise DOT de

http://www.emprise.de/enc

Ein Unternehmen der EMPRISE Gruppe

Diese e-Mail einschließlich ihrer Anhänge ist vertraulich. Wir bitten,
eine fehlgeleitete e-Mail
unverzüglich vollständig zu löschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu
lassen. Wir haben die
e-Mail beim Ausgang auf Viren geprüft; wir raten jedoch wegen der Gefahr
auf den Übertragungswegen
zu einer Eingangskontrolle. Eine Haftung für Virenfreiheit schließen wir
aus.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail,
please immediately delete its contents and notify us. This e-mail was
checked for virus contamination
before being sent. Nevertheless, it is advisable to check for any
contamination occurring during transmission.
We cannot accept any liability for virus contamination.

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
05.09.2005 21:38
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: ANR0496E

Hmm... I don't know much about this subject, but it could be a
configuration issue. Is the copygroup's RETINIT setting set to CREATION or
EVENT? Make sure you are using EVENT retention. Also, check that the
Content Manager's TSM device driver is configured with parameter
MODE=RETENTION.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-05
08:07:06: