ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: ANR0496E

2005-09-08 06:41:19
Subject: Antwort: Re: ANR0496E
From: Karin Dambacher <karin.dambacher AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:40:51 +0200
Hi Andy

I did set ARCHIVERETENTIONPROTECTION ON, the ANR0496E says ... verb
(BackInsNormEnhanced) is not allowed when archive
retention is active.. (= ON). But is it really true, that ANR0496 says,
that the client tries to do a Backup ( is my interpretation of ANR0496E
really true ? ).
Is it possible to trace the Api client, to see what the application sent?

Thanks, Karin

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
07.09.2005 19:54
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: ANR0496E

Hi Karin,

Is this a new TSM server, and did you run the admin command SET
ARCHIVERETENTIONPROTECTION ON? If not, then that would probably explain
the situation.

There is also a redbook about the
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/SG247091.html that talks about the
IBM TotalStorage DR550, but some of then content includes information on
configuring Content Manager and TSM for data retention. You might find
that info useful.

Otherwise I can't think of anything else. Assuming that none of the above
helps, you should open a PMR with IBM technical support to get to the
bottom of this.

For what it is worth, I know that we do have customers successfully using
this.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-06
01:16:06: