ADSM-L

Monthly full backups with MODE=ABSOLUTE

2005-09-01 11:22:40
Subject: Monthly full backups with MODE=ABSOLUTE
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:21:39 -0400
I have a client with requirements for full monthly backups being retained for
7-years. 2-years ago we set them up with monthly
schedules in a domain with the copygroups set to MODE=ABSOLUTE. Now these
backups are running forever and I think it has to do with
so many versions of the files and an INCREMENTAL schedule. The admin of ths
shop has said that the monthly backups take longer each
month.

My question...would setting -INCRBYDATE help with this? These backups MUST be a
FULL. No choice on that.

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??