ADSM-L

Re: TSM/Veritas

2005-05-05 17:38:10
Subject: Re: TSM/Veritas
From: Svetoslav Tolev <Bugs AT BULMAG DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 00:17:46 +0300
Some libraries can be spited in two (or more) logical libraries (3583,
3584 and etc.). One of the problems is licensing - TSM must be licensed as
extended edition if physical (not logical) library have more than 3 drives
or 40 slots for media.

Regards,
Svetoslav

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
06.05.2005 00:11
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSM/Veritas

I was wondering if anyone out there is, or has dealt with this.

We know that it is physically possible to attach 2 TSM servers to a
library
and run each independently of the other. The question I have is, is it
possible to run 2 systems to the same library, knowing each will have
their
own dedicated drives, when one is running TSM and the other Veritas?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Geoff