ADSM-L

Re: TSM/Veritas

2005-05-06 08:25:01
Subject: Re: TSM/Veritas
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:22:43 -0400
Yes, is possible, we have a couple installations running where the same
library supports both backup products, with IBM3584, and with L700. I am
pretty sure you can do it with all the large scale libraries provided that
the library supports true sharing and zoning.

Brgds,

Othonas Xixis
IBM Global Services/Strategic Outsourcing

             "Gill, Geoffrey
             L."
             <GEOFFREY.L.GILL@                                          To
             SAIC.COM>                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         TSM/Veritas
             .EDU>

             05/05/2005 05:11
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I was wondering if anyone out there is, or has dealt with this.

We know that it is physically possible to attach 2 TSM servers to a library
and run each independently of the other. The question I have is, is it
possible to run 2 systems to the same library, knowing each will have their
own dedicated drives, when one is running TSM and the other Veritas?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Geoff