ADSM-L

Re: TSM/Veritas

2005-05-08 17:58:31
Subject: Re: TSM/Veritas
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:55:44 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Gill, Geoffrey L.
>We know that it is physically possible to attach 2 TSM servers
>to a library
>and run each independently of the other. The question I have is, is it
>possible to run 2 systems to the same library, knowing each
>will have their
>own dedicated drives, when one is running TSM and the other Veritas?

Well, I got a 3583 to run one drive to ArcServe running on <shudder>
NetWare, and while the other drive was used by a NetBSD machine running
some freeware backup package. It took some finagling, but we got it to
work; Veritas and TSM should be a snap by compairson. The 3583 has some
rigidity as to physical configuration; I suspect there may be similar
issues with other libraries.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
Office 262.521.5627