ADSM-L

Re: NetApp NAS NDMP Data

2005-03-03 12:31:04
Subject: Re: NetApp NAS NDMP Data
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:30:52 -0000
Previoulsy we backed up our NAS nodes via cifs & named pipes. At the end
of each month I took a Backupset of each filespace on the NAS nodes.

I've now moved onto backing the NAS nodes up using NDMP across a SAN.

As I can no longer take backup sets or backup the NAS stgpool to a copy
stgpool I tried creating a primary stgpool called "monthly", set to keep
12 versions etc, and setup a cmd schedule to do a full backup of the NAS
nodes to it once a month, the idea was that I would make the tapes in
the monthly stgpool "offsite". However I am unable to change the tapes
in the monthly pool to "offiste".

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could do to
get a series of Monthly full backups of the NAS nodes?

I'm running TSM 5.2.4.1 on Win2K Advanced Server.

Iain