ADSM-L

Re: NetApp NAS NDMP Data

2005-03-03 13:12:36
Subject: Re: NetApp NAS NDMP Data
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:11:57 -0500
Hi!

I thought that archiving was available with NDMP backups?    We have an EMC
NS704G, but I would think that the principal is the same?  Can anyone
verify that they are doing archives with NDMP backups?  Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Stapleton, Mark"
             <mark.stapleton@B
             ERBEE.COM>                                                 To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: NetApp NAS NDMP Data

             03/03/2005 01:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Iain Barnetson
>I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could do to
>get a series of Monthly full backups of the NAS nodes?

Easy. Use archives, not backups, for your monthlies. Set your archive
expiration to whatever timeframe is appropriate for your business needs.

Office 262.521.5627