ADSM-L

Re: Drives become unavailable

2004-12-17 08:44:02
Subject: Re: Drives become unavailable
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT KIZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:17:20 +0100
Hello,
you should check your path with 'query path'
and update the path if the possibly hardware-failures have been resolved.
To look for hardware-failures you might find them on the system with
errpt ( on aix ).

Greetings
Rainer

Mohsin Saleem Khan wrote:

> Hi,
>
>          We have two drives define in TSM 5.1 Level 6.5, it has been
> happening now from few days that every drives become unavailable quite
> often, and I update them as online=yes they become available again....I am
> not sure why it is happening and what should i do, to get stable drives,
> any help
>
> Regards
> Mohsin

Rainer Wolf                              Mail:  rainer.wolf AT kiz.uni-ulm DOT
de
Kommunikations und Informationszentrum   Tel/Fax:  ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Abt. Infrastruktur, Uni Ulm              Web:       http://kiz.uni-ulm.de/