ADSM-L

Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-08 10:26:24
Subject: Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:28:37 -0400
On Oct 8, 2004, at 9:47 AM, David Nicholson wrote:

Hi All,
        I am surprised by the significant reduction is Pct Utilized. I
thought in previous discussions that Unload/Reload had minimal impact
on
utilization. I have (2) TSM 5.2.2 servers on AIX with 40GB db's that
are
90% used. I haven't done a unload/reload since there creation 3 years
ago...do I have an opportunity here?

The previous discussions I recall stressed minimal benefit over any
significant period of time, which is to say that the risk and outage
involved in the procedure isn't worth it.

  Richard Sims