ADSM-L

Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-08 10:10:20
Subject: Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:12:55 +0200
Hi

Yes, you probably do.

However, the impact of the unload is smaller than you might expect.
Directly after the unload, you're database will shrink with 30-40%.
However, the following days after a unload you will see that the database
will quickly go up in utilization again. I'd expect you can earn about
10-20% with a database thats 3 years old.

The unload we made brought the database down from 160GB to 80. However, 3
months later, we're up at 110GB.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
2004-10-08 15:47
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

Hi All,
        I am surprised by the significant reduction is Pct Utilized. I
thought in previous discussions that Unload/Reload had minimal impact on
utilization. I have (2) TSM 5.2.2 servers on AIX with 40GB db's that are
90% used. I haven't done a unload/reload since there creation 3 years
ago...do I have an opportunity here?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

"Yuhico, Alexandra" <alexandra.yuhico AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
10/07/2004 02:39 PM