ADSM-L

Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-15 15:28:00
Subject: Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:18:45 -0400
==> In article <OFC2D1BA21.EC62D0B1-ONC1256F27.004FF824-C1256F27.0050454C AT
exist DOT se>, Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE> writes:

> When we made the unload/load of the 160GB database, we not only saw the
> database shrink in its usage, but also gained alot of performance. This
> performance benefit is actually not degrading that quickly, which, for us,
> made the unload/load process worth the time.

I'll second Daniel, and add that it's tremendously useful when you're moving
clients out of a TSM server.

I moved several large clients, deleted their old data, unloaded and reloaded
the DB, and got back more (much more) than 50% of my space.  Then I cleared
out some DB volumes, moved them to my new infrastructure, and continued the
process.

- Allen S. Rout