ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude Question

2004-09-02 07:56:50
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude Question
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 05:56:29 -0600
TSM_User,

I wasn't picking on your use of processed, just highlighting it to
distinguish it from the act of reading the file.

The processing has to be confusing to those who are used to other methods.
Some options like Domain can be specified multiple times and the arguments
are additive.  Most options can be specified multiple times and dsmc only
uses the last argument, as in the ones we're discussing.  Then there is the
continuous confusion over the includes and excludes of files and
directories.

 I'd someday like to understand why the original developers chose to process
the include/excludes of files from the bottom up.  But you have to pick
something.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.