ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude Question

2004-09-01 13:47:36
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude Question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:47:32 -0600
> As it relates to system objects would not the first statement exclude
them
> and the second pick them up? I'm not sure I saw that addressed but maybe
the
> original poster might also clarify if they need them.

Kelli indicated that the client system is NT 4.0, where the system objects
issue does not apply (use the BACKUPREGISTRY YES | NO option instead). For
W2K and up, you can modify the DOMAIN statement as appropriate to
accommodate your system object needs.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/01/2004
09:52:33:

> >But in my opinion, the *best* approach is to not bother with exclude to
> >skip drives, but instead use the DOMAIN statement, which will simplify
> >include/exclude AND avoid looking at the drives at all. A couple of
> >methods:
> >
> >   domain c: g: j:
> >
> >      or
> >
> >   domain -d: -e: -f: -h: -i: -k: -l: -m:
> >
> >The first version is easier to code. However, if drive P: is later
added
> >and you want to back it up, you will need to remember to modify the
DOMAIN