ADSM-L

Re: dsm.sys problem or question !!!!

2004-07-13 15:27:12
Subject: Re: dsm.sys problem or question !!!!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:23:40 -0600
It would help if you could provide actual output of what does and doesn't
work. You mentioned trying to back up another file from the command
prompt, but you didn't say whether you tried backing up the gzip file from
the command prompt. Does that work? It would be interesting to see output
from:

   dsmc selective /outils/bin/gzip
   dsmc selective <whatever_file_you_know_works>

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA>
07/13/2004 11:43
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
dsm.sys problem or question !!!!

I have a TSM server 5.2.0.2 on W2K

I want to try a little test with my first AIX 4.3 server ..... before
going live
I want to use the scheduler to start it, And I want to take the
/outils/bin/gzip file only
It's not working with the scheduler ... no files are backed up .... I
tried another file with the command prompt and it worked ..

Any idea ..... this is my dsm.sys file ...  thanks

Luc Beaudoin
TSM/SAN/Network Administrator
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254

SErvername  jghbackup
COMMmethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   10.131.202.19
nodename        calc_aux
PASSWORDACCESS  GENERATE
schedlogname            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
errorlogname            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
schedlogretention       10,d
errorlogretention       10,d
preschedulecmd  /outils/bin/arretwtr!
postschedulecmd /outils/bin/demarrewtr!