ADSM-L

Re: dsm.sys problem or question !!!!

2004-07-13 14:56:16
Subject: Re: dsm.sys problem or question !!!!
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:55:46 -0400

One thing that comes to my mind is that are you trying to backup already
backed up from your previous testing?
Could it be that you are trying to backup the non changed file and the TSM
is simply skipping them because at one time it already backed up.
Provided that you are working with incremental type scheduled backup, only
thing that should backup  is include /outils/bin/gzip and all other stuff
not included in the exclude statement.

Sung Y. Lee

             Luc Beaudoin
             <lbeaudoi AT IS DOT JGH.
             MCGILL.CA>                                                 To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     dsm.sys problem or question !!!!

             07/13/2004 02:43
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

I have a TSM server 5.2.0.2 on W2K

I want to try a little test with my first AIX 4.3 server ..... before
going live
I want to use the scheduler to start it, And I want to take the
/outils/bin/gzip file only
It's not working with the scheduler ... no files are backed up .... I
tried another file with the command prompt and it worked ..

Any idea ..... this is my dsm.sys file ...  thanks

Luc Beaudoin
TSM/SAN/Network Administrator
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254

SErvername  jghbackup
COMMmethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   10.131.202.19
nodename        calc_aux
PASSWORDACCESS  GENERATE
schedlogname            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
errorlogname            /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
schedlogretention       10,d
errorlogretention       10,d
preschedulecmd  /outils/bin/arretwtr!
postschedulecmd /outils/bin/demarrewtr!