ADSM-L

Re: Include/exclude not working

2003-10-31 08:32:11
Subject: Re: Include/exclude not working
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:29:53 +0000
Hallo Eric,

Hmn, my understanding of incl/excl lists tells me that we work from the
bottom up as a rule, but with 'exlude.dir' and some others taking
precedence. Personally, I try and avoid those as it only causes
confusion.

Looking at your dsm.opt include/exclude list below, I think that if I've
understood you, you'll be wanting something like this:

Exclude e:\*
Exclude e:\...\*
Include g:\inetpub\*
Include g:\inetpub\...\*

As a result, everything on the g: will be excluded, except g:\inetpub\
and its children.

Is this what you were looking for?

David McClelland
Global Management Systems, Reuters Ltd, London